Client After Wax Care
Redness and bumps are normal. They can last anywhere from 20 minutes to a couple of days. White bumps the upper lip and breakouts on other parts of the body (usually face, chest and back) can also occur which are created by sebum (oil) in the hair duct being brought to the surface. Do NOT touch your upper lip after waxing since you can transmit bacteria onto the area!
Do not expose the waxed area to the sun or tanning beds for at least 24 hours before or after waxing since your skin will be much more susceptible to burning. Do not wear tight or constricting clothing over the waxed area for 24 hours after waxing. Do not go swimming or use a hot tub for 24 hours after waxing.
Some waxing the underarm is increases sensitivity in the area for up to 24. This is normal. Before applying deodorant to the full underarm area, you should test on a small area first. If it stings do not apply deodorant. Baby powder or cornstarch are the most helpful to use after waxing. The more you wax the less sensitive the underarm becomes.
To help avoid ingrown hairs and increase the success of your waxing you must exfoliate the areas that have been waxed. Start the day after you have been waxed and every day thereafter. Scrubby mitts work the absolute best when used with a bath gel. Note: Products with cleansing grains do NOT work.
Waxing every 3 or 4 weeks should leave you noticeably less fuzzy between regular waxing in about four to six months. Continuous waxing will lead to softer re-growth and diminish hair growth over time. The intermittent waxing combined with shaving will do nothing to lessen hair growth overall. Waiting longer can increase irritation due to excessive hair length.
Hair grows in three stages. They are growing stage, a resting stage and a dormant stage. It is the best to remove hair while it is in the growing stage. Since every hair on your body is always in different stages; it takes approximately four to six months to have removed most hair in the growing stage.
Waxing is a fabulous hair removal technique but please note waxing cannot remove hair that is too short due to breakage created by pants rubbing against the skin or waxing too soon between appointments. Please note tweezing will not be done on any part of the body.
The Benefits of Waxing
Smooth, Silky Skin that Lasts
Waxing removes hair from the root, so it takes a longer time for hair to grow again, anywhere from 3-8 weeks, depending on the individual speed of hair growth. This means your hair free, smooth skin lasts much longer and you can go for that holiday on the beach and bask in the glory of your smooth and glowing skin without having to worry about body hair showing up in the meantime.
No skin Damage
In contrast to other methods of hair removal like hair-removing creams and shaving, waxing does not cause cuts, pigmentation, or badly smelling skin. No harsh chemicals are present in wax, so the skin is saved from their damaging effect.
Finer and Softer Body Hair
The hair that grows after waxing is much finer and softer, not rough and hard as after shaving, and the really good thing is - waxing does not cause any ugly stubble as seen in just a day after shaving.
Waxing Diminishes Hair Growth
After repeated sessions of waxing, you will notice a much sparser hair growth, and hair growth may even stop eventually. In contrast, shaving stimulates hair growth, because it removes hair at the surface only, not at the root.
Tips & Tricks
Locate a waxing specialist. It doesn't mean just anybody licensed (like an esthetician or cosmetologist), but someone also experienced. Ask them how long they have been providing this service and how many they do a week. If they do a lot of waxing they're also more likely to use better products, they should always use hard wax and strip wax. Seek referrals from friends or online reviews. Its best to choose a professional whose appearance is neat and clean, it will reflect in their service. You do not want a sloppy waxer with a dirty room. Now that you've found a reputable professional and have made an appointment there are a few things you can and should do beforehand.
* The day before your body waxing use a body scrub while the skin on the face is generally exfoliated enough in terms of waxing, the body needs a little extra help. A somewhat gritty body scrub will help rid dead cells around skin pores and hair follicle, providing an easier waxing service for both you and the technician.
* Don't apply astringent or toner. These tighten the pores and can make a firmer hold on the hair follicle. So hold off right before waxing.
* Consider taking aspirin, Tylenol, Advil or some other over-the-counter analgesic prior to being waxed.
* Dull the nerves in the area by applying a numbing spray or cream about 15-30 minutes before your wax. I recommend that you purchase “PFB: Numb It" apply it before you leave the house.
* The following steps are things your aesthetician should be doing so look for them. It starts with them asking questions to ensure that you are not using products that are contraindications to waxing. These include: microdermabrasion, chemical peels, sunburn, Retin A, Accutane, and other vitamins A skin care products. These products can cause your skin to tear and will result in hyperpigmentation or scarring.
* You will need about 2 weeks of hair growth, that's about a 14 inch for fine hair and 1/2 inch for coarse hair.
* We won't get every single hair on your first visit, (Brazilian). Your hair grows in different cycles; it will take about 3 visits to be smooth and completely hair free. If you have been shaving for many years it may take a few more visits, but it is definitely worth the wait.
* Don't tense up. Some people hold their breath or tense their whole body while getting waxed. While it might be easier said than done, breathe deeply, a relaxed person will cope much better with the pain.
* At least for 24 hours after waxing protects your skin from the direct sunlight exposure. Wear a high SPF or sun blocker on the area waxed, and if you have had a Brazilian wait a minimum of eight hours to have intercourse.